‘It’s been awhile’ is probably the most common line to use whenever one goes back into the spotlight. However, it is not the spotlight I deem to chase. It is the motivation to speak out the words I couldn’t utter. Hoping to teach and inspire those of whom might come across my writing. My blog reached its second year anniversary. Along the many great people who entangle here in my words, I send my greatest gratitude! I also give thanks to Eye C. Blog for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award. And special thanks to Okoto Enigma for the creation of this award. In line with this nominations, it’s time to push walls and hope to do the impossible.
WHAT IS THE MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
Guidelines to follow:
- The award logo must be put up on your blog.
- Rules should be listed.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Also, nominate 10 – 20 people
- Of course, notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
– Three things about me –
1. I’m fighting for the unorthodox. No. I’m not involved with any movements, nor part of any groups. Rather, I am a normal person trying to go beyond the bounds of the norm. In facing work, traffic, responsibilities, and my personal life, I was walking towards my greatest demise. That is until I fought to find new ways to do them all. Now, I found a fitting career where I can work anywhere and anytime I want. With the flexibility, I still have time to create art and play games. Most importantly, my responsibilities with family. Currently, I’m finding worthwhile things to do where I could still enjoy. I thought this isn’t a possibility, but the word avant-garde exists for a reason. The best thing to do is to find what tailors you best and you’ll be happier and younger than ever.
2. I am torn. There’s a riptide when I write here in my blogs. There’s a demand to be formal and specific when I write. To be exact, like a run-of-the-mill travel blogger. Yet, that’s not how my writing works. As respect to my talent, I’m engrossed in writing creatively. I’m always told to do what I should do despite not defining who I really am. The results of those demands sometimes work, but mostly mediocre. Killing two birds with one stone might get me nowhere. There’s a steadfast chance that something will dwindle away really soon.
3. The games make me. For the longest time, I played more Playstation and Xbox games. Particularly, a more mature approach to games. Recently, venturing more into Nintendo made me realize that it’s where my personality belongs to. Over the senseless warfighting games, I had more fun than ever exploring the Mushroom Kingdom or the high terrains of Hyrule. I realized that I do not need to mature in gaming. Now, freshly finishing Super Mario World and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, I’ve been having the most satisfying gaming experience ever! What does this have to do with me, though? Well, there was a research done by a group of people around the world. People who played “prosocial games” such as Super Mario Sunshine, demonstrated a more prosocial behavior in life. Whereas, people who played violent games were more aggressive in real life. I realized that our choices really make up who we are.
– Answering questions by Eye See. –
note: I have little interest in skincare and such. So, this section might be dull…
1. If you were to choose one: Makeup, Skincare or Fashion? And why?
First, I don’t use makeup. Second, I’m good with all my skincare products. Therefore, I choose fashion. I believe my fashion is a statement I make.
2. What 2017 skincare trend would you like to try?
Well, simply none. I have very little interest in skincare. I did experiment once back in college. Recently, I tried some Korean products. Though, the L’Oréal facial cleansers for men always do the job right than the pricey Korean stuff.
3. If you had to live in a place for the rest of your life, where would it be?
Where else would I live than Japan? Japan seems to be the perfect place for me. Japan has everything I ever dreamed of. First, there’s gaming. Second, Japanese food every day! Third, the home of Ghibli studios. Lastly, the amazing, hardworking, and respectful people.
4. If you won the lottery, what would you first do with it?
Buy a house and lot in my home country, and in different countries of interests.
5. What Game of Thrones character do you want to live? For the remaining head of thrones. (If you watch the series if not, What is your favorite show?).
Don’t hate me for not watching Game of Thrones. I find more interests in colorful and fun mediums of entertainment. Nowadays, as a growing adult, I started inclining to watch Regular Show. I find it more suitable for my age than Adventure Time. Though, that show is still dear to my heart.
Now, here are my nominees for the Mystery Blogger Awards.
Questions for my nominations: (LET’S MAKE THIS INTERESTING!)
- Was there an ordinary and random occurrence that inspires you? Something like the Bubble Man?
- What do you think is your spirit animal, and why?
- Was there a gaming experience you would like to share? If not, how about a travel experience?
- Who is a blogger that you want to collaborate with, and why?
- Lastly, what advice would you share to those who are struggling or fighting for their dreams?
Links to my best posts:
I’ve had quite a lot of shortcomings here. Though I’ve had a few remarkable moments shared righteously on my blog. In my continuous experimentations, here are three noteworthy spurs:
Clark: A Two Night Staycation
It’s the rebirth and rebranding of my blog writing. Prior to this post, my blog was named theloungingbeast.wordpress.com. This first post about adventuring became an instant wonder for me and I continued to find comfort in traveling and sharing my experiences.
Hong Kong – Part 1: Welcome to Hong Kong
I would never forget how I was first dizzied by things I never even wondered. The Philippines. It’s a paradise for many tourists, but struggling life here since birth is not a paradise. However, when I ventured to Hong Kong, I opened my eyes to things I have never imagined. It made me dream bigger and inspire more. Evidently, it also did wonders for my blog.
Manila Tour – Part 2: Filipino Roots
Whatever I did to quench my thirst for traveling started in my touring alone in Manila. I didn’t know how I did it, and the same applies on how I wrote it. But it happened, and the result is satisfying. What I did here matters so much more for me as I was able to live up to the name “wild prose.” To see the world through my wild thoughts is my ultimate desire, and I deserve not to be deprived by the standards of modern life. As Taylor Swift says, “if you have something in yourself that’s different, you’re lucky. It’s not a curse.”